Sterile Transport/Storage Bags
Sterile transport bags are used to contain wrapped items after sterilization to provide protection from environmental factors that could compromise sterility. These bags are made of a transparent, strong, 3 mil thick medical-grade polyolefin material. They can be heat sealed using a conventional end sealer or taped closed. Sterile transport bags offering the convenience of self seal are also available. All bags have a starter slit to facilitate easy, particle-free opening of the bag without disturbing or damaging the contents. STERIS Barrier Product Solutions sterile transport bags are supplied non-sterile or sterile in single-packaged lots using ethylene oxide gas or gamma irradiation sterilization. Each sterilized pouch includes a lot number for traceability.
- Captures the environment at unload
- Simplifies transit process
- Maintains sterility during storage
- Provides impervious layer of protection in the event of a mishap
- Reduces risk of contamination
- Facilitates aggressive and effective surface sanitization when ready to use
- Can be incorporated with minimal qualification/validation
- Provided presterilized
Sterile Transport/Storage Bags Styles
Sizes: From 8” x 12” (20 cm x 31 cm) to 25” x 37" (64 cm x 94 cm)
Sterile transport/storage bags provide a means to transport and store parts and components as they are moved between classified areas.